- I am 18 or older.
- I understand that this is an educational program – not treatment for any physical or mental health condition, and not a substitute for professional care – and that no promises are offered as to what I get out of it or how it affects me. I take responsibility for my own experience in the program, and I am able to manage my reactions to it on my own. I understand that Rick Hanson and his staff do not have a professional relationship with me.
- In particular, I understand that some of Rick Hanson's programs (Neurodharma and the Positive Neuroplasticity Training) are not appropriate for everyone, and that some people are disturbed or distressed by practices such as mindfulness or meditation, especially if there are underlying issues with mood disorders, trauma, dissociation, or psychosis. I understand that a person with a history of bipolar disorder, complex PTSD, borderline personality, or dissociative or psychotic mental processes should consider not doing these programs, and proceed with caution if they do.
- I understand that any information conveyed to Rick Hanson in the context of the program may be read by members of his staff. I also recognize that information that I post in discussion threads or otherwise communicate to other participants might be shared by them with others. Overall, I understand that no promise of confidentiality is given to me regarding information I communicate related to this program.
- I recognize that all editorial content and graphics in the programs are copyrighted by Rick Hanson, who reserves all rights.
- I will not share my username and password with others, and I recognize that my account may be suspended if more than one person uses my username to log in to the program.