The Professional Course (PC) is hands-on and practical, showing you how to apply these powerful methods in your work with others. It’s designed for therapists, coaches, educators, healthcare workers, mindfulness trainers, and more.
How to explain the science and teach the methods of Positive Neuroplasticity
How to help others have and install beneficial experiences
Practical tools to change habits and build motivation
Part 1: Foundational Knowledge of Positive Neuroplasticity
- Understanding positive neuroplasticity
- Assessing skills in explaining positive neuroplasticity
- Recognizing psychological resources in oneself and others
Part 2: The Benefits of Growing Inner Resources
- Replacing feelings of deficit and disturbance with an underlying sense of fullness and balance
- Understanding and explaining the value of learning how to learn
- Overview of using the HEAL process with others
Part 3: Helping Others to Have Beneficial Experiences
- Teaching skills for noticing beneficial experiences that people are already having
- Thirteen ways to create beneficial experiences
- Managing blocks to the HEAL process
Part 4: Helping Others to Install Beneficial Experiences
- Guiding others in the “Enrich” step of the HEAL process
- Guiding others in the “Absorb” step of the HEAL process
- Guiding others to identify and develop psychological resources matched to specific challenges or issues
Part 5: Using Positive Material to Address Negative Materials
- The neuropsychological basis of associating positive and negative material
- General skills for helping others link positive and negative material
- Linking particular positive material to psychological wounds and deficits
Part 6: Special Applications of the HEAL Process
- Using HEAL in counseling and coaching, including with children and couples
- Using HEAL for anxiety, depressed mood, addiction, and trauma
- Placing the deliberate internalization of psychological resources in a societal context
“This work is deeply powerful. The process and content is vital for anyone in the field of personal and social transformation, and guided by profound empathy and wisdom – all of which lead to a healthier world.”Arthur L.
“In over 20 years of being a psychologist, I have never been SAD when a CE course ended. I loved the course material, Rick’s warm, easy-going, humorous manner, and expertise.”Nina E.
“I introduced a client to these methods in her psychology sessions. It helped her make a big breakthrough in healing from terrible child abuse and cancer, and allow in a glimmer of self-compassion.”Clare S.
Do I need to take the Positive Neuroplasticity Training before taking the Professional Course in Positive Neuroplasticity?
The Positive Neuroplasticity Training (PNT) and the Professional Course in Positive Neuroplasticity (PC) are distinct programs, and many people take both of them. The PNT is the foundation of the PC and the prerequisite for it. If you enroll in the PC, we presume that you have already taken the PNT and are familiar with its ideas and methods. Since the PNT is conveniently available online, a person should usually be able to do it online or in-person before taking the PC. Occasionally someone may have an opportunity to take the PC in-person but not have time to take the PNT beforehand. In this case we will waive the PNT prerequisite requirement IF the person already has a deep understanding of positive neuroplasticity through completing the Foundations of Well-Being, reading Hardwiring Happiness carefully, or similar background. If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
How long is each session, and when are the live Q&As?
There are 6 classes in this Professional Course, totaling about 12 hours of video presentations. The Live Q&A Sessions for the PC are each 1 hour long, and will happen at 2pm PT / 5pm ET on: 11.5.20 11.12.20 11.19.20
Can I get Continuing Education Credits?
The Online Positive Neuroplasticity Training is eligible for 10 CE credits. The Online Professional Course is eligible for 9 CE credits. The CE Credits are an additional $50 per program. We suggest checking with your state licensing board to confirm they will accept credits from APA approved sponsors before taking the program. You can learn more or purchase the CE Credits here.
When does the 30-day money-back guarantee end?
The 30-day Money-Back Guarantee for participants who registered for the PNT after August 25, 2020 for the PNT is good until November 30, 2020.
How does the PNT differ from Rick's Foundations of Well-Being program?
The Positive Neuroplasticity Training (PNT) is a deep immersion in the material in the Learning pillar of the Foundations of Well-Being (FWB) program – i.e., the HEAL methods of positive neuroplasticity, turning ordinary experiences into extraordinary inner strengths, and using these methods to build up inner resources for any issues related to our three core needs of safety, satisfaction, and connection – and then the Foundations of Well-Being program applies these methods to growing the specific strengths in the other 11 pillars of well-being. Putting it a little differently, the Positive Neuroplasticity Training is an 18 hour immersion in a single subject – positive neuroplasticity – that is covered in 4 hours in the Foundations program, while the Foundations of Well-Being program altogether is about 50 hours of core material plus lots of other goodies compared to 18 hours of the Positive Neuroplasticity Training.
Can someone be too depressed, anxious, or traumatized for this course to be helpful?
Dr. Hanson really believes that no one is too wounded to improve. It’s really just a matter of finding the practices that work for you. The Positive Neuroplasticity Training certainly has the potential to be of value to anyone – regardless of their history – and if you find that it is not beneficial, we of course would be happy to give you a full refund.